Saturday, November 19, 2016

Oriental Flare!!


(Restaurant Review By Aedan Roach)















I visited the Fugi Japanese Steak House located in the Galleria Mall in Middletown, NY. My first
impression when I walked in was that the restaurant was clean and appeared to be family friendly because of course, there were families seated throughout the restaurant.

There is a bar that serves alcohol which is located at the front of the restaurant, away from the general seating. Fugi is known for its hibachi grills, which are located towards the back of the restaurant

Before being seated, I took the time to check out the bathroom. It appeared to need a light cleaning because the sinks needed a wipe down and the floors were sticky.

At the entrance, there are pictures of people who had their birthday there that year, which made it feel like a warm and friendly environment. The décor is mostly Japanese, which allows people to see a different culture. The maître d greeted me with a smile and led me to my seat at the hibachi grill, making it handicap accessible for my wheelchair.

Reservations 845-692-8881
The grills were absolutely spotless, so it appeared that they take pride in their cleaning. Our waiter, Kyle, also greeted me with a smile and a hello. He was very attentive when I needed
something and quickly refilled my drink before I even asked.

Hibachi restaurants are known for their chefs cooking in front of you. The chef was entertaining and performed amusing tricks while cooking; for example, he spun his spatula around his fingers and made an onion volcano that shot fire.

I watched him prepare the food and it was comforting knowing what was going into the food. The food was delicious! I had the steak and shrimp and it was seasoned just right. The portions were more than enough and for some people even a second meal. I went on a Monday night, which was semi busy, but on Friday and Saturday nights, you may want to call for a reservation.

For all these reasons, I would say this restaurant is family friendly and caters to all families including those with a disabled person or a very young child. I would recommend this restaurant to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment